10 guidelines for listening and understanding in social business
Publicado por gpach10
Today most organizations worldwide have a web platform, and of course, a social media channel. But do use them effectively and in real benefit to business growth? Probably many people believe so. But do you really listen and understand what our stakeholders say about the company?
Here are 10 guidelines to recognize these aspects.
1. The listening involves being tolerant and accepting know what they say about your company. This license will allow you to achieve a social, ie that the various public let you easily grow in the ecosystem where you develop as a good corporate citizen.
2. Understanding is the result of proper decoding of the messages that make us reach our diverse audiences of interest, allowing our business, appropriate policies, based on the real needs of stakeholders, not assumptions. This is important to consider the various demographic variables of your public.
3. Listening also allows you to create value to your brand / company, consolidating the status in the minds of your public, whether the employee, supplier, customer, society itself, the government and so on. Show interest in the communication received generates a very favorable impact on audiences, such as answering a personalized message.
4. Digital communication is fast and interactive, in that sense, your business must pay close attention to the messages your public broadcast. An inadequate response or silence can become a crisis, not only in the online realm, but in the offline. The case UVK is proof of that. Respond quickly, positively or negatively and creates a positive feeling in the audience.
5. Today, thanks to digital communication, you get a much better understanding your customers, consumers, workers and other public and in their comments left on any channel can be embodied interactive Insight that a manager must know how to interpret the benefit of the business .
6. Listening, in digital communication, involves building a “bridge” to access the other side and in the same way, which is at the other end comes to you. Emphasizing that both are at the same level. The tone of the message is critical and should be governed by the type of public access in this way.
7. Another important factor is understanding that your organization should be predisposed to hear what people think or know about it, that way you can tune better with your audiences. Generating a communication in a digital environment goes beyond simply posting and people just read it. The content is exposed to criticism, praise, analysis and insults responsible for the administration of the canal should know bear and, if possible, to generate a favorable opportunity of an incident.
8. Your company, creating a space in a social network or another digital channel, is showing an interest in being considered a person, a corporate citizen, which seeks to adapt to their environment more, realizing that both generate real economic growth. It is very important to know to reach your public, use the same language as them, welcomes your comments and let them know that without them you could not grow.
9. The result clearly hear and understand what you say your group of interest using digital communication generates in them a feeling, an affect. In our society, people show a constant need to be heard, pay at that hearing is loyalty and attachment to the brand / company check it out.
10. Constantly analyze what is heard in the digital media will make your business is aligned to the constant movement of the social ecosystem, rapidly changing in recent years. Listen and understand what is said about the site itself or your company is vital to be in force in the market. But listen and understand, you are relegated and frowned upon by the new “social customer” avid of transparent, real and constantly updated.
Finally, we can say that the need for any business today is to listen and better understand their diverse audiences. If your organization wants to grow, have a social license, wants to co-create, aspires to public loyalty, then it should generate a good and appropriate digital communication where listening is an important factor, as well as show interest in what the environment tells you it’s like when conversing with someone and hear you, but do not listen, do not you mind? The same happens with public business.
Although the balance is slightly encouraging, much remains to mature. We have seen many cases where you can listen and understand is not necessarily the way to communicate for some companies. Managers used social networks to draw attention tremors of his followers, others have simply been blind, deaf and dumb at the time of a claim, and so on.
The trend is that more and more the public will be connected via mobile, more connections at home, anyway. Then it’s time to go adjusting to this new ecosystem, where if you can not hear and understand what you say about your company, just being relegated to the new social customer.
Acerca de gpach10Comunicador Social por la Universidad de San Martín de Porres, de Perú, cuento con una Maestría en Relaciones Públicas, en la misma casa de estudios. He sido Directivo del Colegio Profesional de Relacionistas Públicos del Perú, Región Lima. En la actualidad soy docente universitario, consultor y asesor en comunicación digital, PR y prensa para empresas privadas y del sector público en Perú.
Publicado el 2 enero, 2012 en Co-Creation, Crowdsource, Insight, PR, SCRM, Social Media, Trends y etiquetado en Crowdsource, marketing, PR, social business, Social Media. Guarda el enlace permanente. 13 comentarios.